Saturday, November 22, 2008

PTO & Hydraulics working

Not a very productive day from a project point of view, but it was great to wake up to 3 inches of snow this morning.  It was good to take the fergie for a few laps of the garden, see how it handles the snow - excellently it turned out.  Even with its rubbish tyres it was just like driving in the dry, no skidding at all.

While I had it up and running I decided to spend a while playing with the various levers.  I had spent a while this week researching the workings of the PTO and hydraulics and figured out that the lever to the left of the seat should engage the PTO.  I was hopeful that the pump that runs the hydraulics was also tied into the same engagement.  Turned out it was, and once i'd got it switched on, the hydraulics were pretty good.  I think I need a wee cap for my PTO, looks a bit vulnerable open to the elements as it is.

I also got a nice trailer for free from my brother today - it was a great day to learn to drive a trailer for the first time ever - snow and ice everywhere.  hopefully get a towball system for the tractor made up by a smiddy.

No comments: